I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Makenna's Girly-Girl Party



Makenna has been wanting to have a birthday party with her friends from church and school. She wanted to go to Sweet n Sassy, but it is super expensive and I heard it closed down (maybe the $25 for a quick up do and nails painted had something to do with it). I can do hair and I can do nails and I had my sister and my mom, and my mother-in-law to help me so I decided to do it at our house. So this year she got what she wanted. We invited 12 girls over to do fun, girly things. I did each of the girls hair and my sister painted all of their nails with polka-dots and flowers. My mom and my mother-in-law helped them make bracelets, do coloring pages, and have their snacks (the smore dip turned out soooo good!). We also had the new Barbie that just came out for them to watch while they ate and waited. I was so impressed thet the girls were really good while they waited (I kinda misjudged how long it would take to do all of their hair with my perfection issues) but they all looked so cute and each got to choose a hairbow that I made. Since I made pretty much everything, the food, the cake, the decorations, the party favors and used things I had already bought on sale the party was really affordable and so much better than Sweet n Sassy. The party turned out really well and Makenna ws so excited and they were adorable. Anyone else want a girly party, let me know it was FUN!

7 comments:

fran said...

Jessica begs me everyday to do her hair like Laurel did...haha

RachelAA said...

Maybe in a few years - sound great! But I am wondering why there's such a hairy arm at the girly girl party :)

cory and laurel evans said...

Did you see his hands..they're pretty gross as well! Didn't realize that until I took the picture and, of course, it is the only one I had on my camera because it has decided to work when it wants to.

RachelAA said...

hahaha that's too funny and so typical - I always tell Andrew he ruined the perfect picture :) But no, it's still way cute and the hair is something I so need to learn.

cory and laurel evans said...

Construction hands! We have these cute pictures of Kenna as a baby and they look so good except for Cory's hands. But hey they're hard-working hands that provide us a great life so I guess they can ruin a picture every once in a while :)

Kendell Wrae Evans said...

Sounds like a blast! wish i coulda been there! (dang work) Such a great idea for a girly party! :)

Marci said...

I made my blog private. I need you to send me your email address so I can invite you! Send it to
auinala@hotmail.com

Thanx!!!